WaTunes: Overheard At Billboard’s Music & Money Symposium
<img class="asset asset-image at-xid-6a00d83451b36c69e201310f61d49c970c " src="http://www.hypebot.com/.a/6a00d83451b36c69e201310f61d49c970c-320wi" alt="image from www.billboardevents.com” style=”border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-color: initial; display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;” />
- Vevo Pres/CEO Rio Caraeff replaced L.A. Reid as the morning keynote.
- "Vevo creating new programming directly with brands and bands. 30 second music videos for new artists, brought to you by a brand."
- "When there's no money, people get smart" – Cynthia Sexton (EMI)
- Hot Topic chief music officer John Kirkpatrick: “We’ve almost completely moved away from the idea of sponsorship…We focus more on the experience and connecting fans with what they love inside of our store in some way.”
- Mattel's Katrina McMullan: Barbie-branded music portal coming in 2011. Labels clamoring to contribute music.
- #Vevo: People can drink from whatever faucet they want, but the water is ours.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.