<img class="asset asset-image at-xid-6a00d83451b36c69e20148c67555ea970c" title="image from www.carlisleunitedway.org” src=”http://www.hypebot.com/.a/6a00d83451b36c69e20148c67555ea970c-120wi” alt=”image from www.carlisleunitedway.org” style=”margin: 0px 5px 5px 0px;” /> Yesterday on CBS' 60 Minutes, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg unveiled a new design for Profile pages that includes some new features. (Watch full video of the interview here.) Late yesterday the new look began to appear on select celebrity fan pages like this one from Ellen DeGeneres. Here's all that you need to get started:
- Facebook is rolling out the new look to all users between now and early 2011
- Users can update the profile and get access to the new features now here.
- If you choose to switch to the new Profiles design now, there is no switching back.
- Everything has a more visual feel including more space for photos.
- Much like the new MySpace, the new Facebook design emphasizes common interests: "Showcase the things you care about most and connect with friends who share the same interests… top interests now appear as a row of images — just drag and drop to put your favorites first."
- There are more ways to connect with friends. Visit a friend's profile to see all the things they share in common: mutual friends, events you're both planning to attend and shared groups, photos, Wall posts, etc.
- More on Facebook
What do you think of the new facebook design?